What is reiki?
benefits of reiki
- relaxes the body
- calms the nervous system
- reduces heart rate
- lowers blood pressure
- slows respiration
- aides elimination of metabolic waste
- increases circulation
- stretches connective tissue
- reduces chronic pain
- relieves tired/aching muscles
- improves muscle tone
- relieves cramped muscles
- decreases muscular degeneration
- speeds recovery from injury & illness
- boosts the immune system
- reduces tension headaches
- increases range of motion
- helps improve posture
- stimulates endorphin release
- reduces inflammation
- improves skin tone & overall radiance
EMOTIONAL & MENTAL BENEFITS
• reduces anxiety
• provides feeling of well-being
• enhances confidence
• aides in release of feel-good hormones, lifting depression
• nurtures & stimulates emotional growth
- reduces mental stress
- aides in quality sleep
- improves productivity
- promotes relaxation
Making the most of your reiki session
PREPARING FOR reiki
Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing. Please arrive about 5-10 minutes early. Relax and get comfortable. Use the bathroom if needed. Please inform us of any health concerns or issues you are having, to ensure your own well-being and benefit.
DURING THE SESSION
Take time to relax and get comfortable. Breath and simply be in your body. Do not expect, instead just relax and be with whatever you notice.
AFTER THE session:
If possible, immerse yourself in a quiet, peaceful environment, around people or places that make you feel good. The key is relaxation.
Drink plenty of water to rehydrate cells and muscles.
Do not exercise intensely, the day of your reiki session. Instead, take time to relax as much as possible.
Treat yourself to self-care and doing healthy things that feel good to you.
If you notice any differences in emotions, thoughts, or physically, pay attention and welcome them, feeling whatever arises.